Friday, April 4, 2008

To La Ceiba and on to Utila

I (Erik) decided that the Bay Islands were just too close, and some good diving too tempting, so I jumped on the 5am chicken bus for the two hour ride to La Ceiba, where I could catch a 9:30am ferry to Utila. Talor preferred the tranquil beach life, and so remained in Tela. We agreed to meet up at a cafe in La Ceiba a few days later.

The bus ride was actually quite nice. I was the only one on the bus to begin with, and the sun rising over the fog filled valleys and jungle vistas was beautiful. Slowly the bus filled up, and by the time we hit the outskirts of La Ceiba, I was standing, having given up my seat to an old woman on her way to work. From La Ceiba, it was a an 80 Lempira taxi ride to the ferry terminal. In the end, I was almost 2 hours early, but the ferry was full, so I was lucky to get on...

No comments: